Wednesday, March 2, 2011

...road trip pics!!!

Okay, this time my post isn't about any particular place I visited, but a collection of photographs I took while on the road in Sabah. Since I was a kid, I love to roll down the car window so I can feel the air and have better view of the scenery. Sometimes my big brother would let me stand at the back of his pick up truck. On my latest trip, I took the opportunity to photograph scenery I found interesting whenever I had the chance. Since I was on a moving vehicle and the road is quite bumpy most times it's not always possible. Anyway, it's not eye popping jaw dropping pics but I hope whoever come across this blog or this post will enjoy it.

The "Slow Down" and  "Danger" signboard can be seen in many places.
Lonely deserted town.... just kidding, from time to time you can find fruits and local handicraft for sale
I love this scenery, I pretend to be at the African Safari... look can u see the tiger over there??
three's company...
Beautiful scenery, soon you'll only able to see palm treeeeeeees.... I prefer the padi fields, oh well...
Sg Bengkoka (Bengkoka River), is really big river. This was after a great flood.
A beautiful fishing village in Pitas
cows... cows.... cows under a tree... I'm afraid of cow, have bad memory being chased by a really angry cow...it was a misunderstanding.. lol
mmm.... what is that thing doing there?
looks like it's gonna rain soon... and i quote my niece when she saw this pic she said "there's a calm before a storm"
Bumpy ride...this is not bad and very safe..

I think Sabah have really great scenery, too bad the road is quite bad, perhaps it's not such a bad idea to propose a railway from Kota Kinabalu to Kota Marudu. Passengers are able to take their time while on the trip and enjoy the scenery. Kinda remind me of my trip in Switzerland, it's really beautiful looking at the mountain and hills, and trees on a train ride. We took train to Mt. Jungfraujoch, the third highest mountain of the Bernese Alps. So Sabah tourism peoples, there might not be any snowy mountains but the fresh well preserved scenery sure is something. Come on, it's not like I'm asking you to build a railway all the way up to mount Kinabalu... hehehe... Anyway, all pictures were taken between a road trip from Kota Kinabalu to Kota Marudu, Pitas and Kudat.
oooh.. i have arrived to my favorite homestay...hehehehe...


I think it's time to say goodbye. More photographs soon, till then have a great time :D

ªBlogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOPª